Camping in the Backyard.

    I talked a little bit on how I like camping outdoors in nature, on a previous blog. What I would like to talk about this time, is the camping I did as a kid.

   Who out there has ever gone camping in their backyard, as kids. Me and my friends loved to do this. Set up a small pup tent, or have our dads set up the big family tent. Thats right I’m old, we did not have such a variety of tents to choose from. My friends and I would gather up our sleeping bags. blankets and pillows. Raid the kitchen for snacks and goodies. Fill our canteens up with some kind of kool aid that was in the fridge. Then gather up our flash lights and other items for the night. As children we have good imaginations, so for me and my friends, we would believe we were soldiers, or explores in a dangerous and scary place. Most of the time we would just tell stories to each other and guff off.

   The great part of Camping outside in the backyard, were the sleep overs you could have with your friends and cousins on birthdays. You could have a lot of your friends over and not get your parents mad. Why, because the kids are outside and the parents are inside. Stay up all night telling ghost stories or playing board games.

   What about your experience on camping in the backyard. With the virus this year, it is hard to get together, let alone finding things to do with the kids. 

  Until next time, have fun in the outdoors. 

Comments